Caruaru – Departure from Recife
Caruaru, a city located in the hinterland of Pernambuco, approximately 130 km (90 miles) away from Recife, considered by Unesco “The greatest center of figurative art in the Americas”, besides being nationally known as the forró, musicality and rhythm capital of Northeastern culture.
Departures on Wednesdays, the road to Caruaru is an attraction apart, revealing beautiful landscapes and from where one can view other tourist towns of Pernambuco, such as Gravatá – a mountain town with alpine-style buildings and excellent climate, and Bezerros – known for its Carnival of Papangus and its woodcuts, especially the ones by artist J. Borges, nationally recognized for his beautiful work. In Caruaru, we visit the handicraft fair, where works in clay, ceramics, weaving, embroidery, wood, straw, leather, cloth and other interesting materials proliferate. Next to the fair is Vila do Forró, a scenographic space that reproduces a small village in the interior and where the animation reigns during the June cycle, Alto do Moura, to know a little about the old masters of clay handicraft miniatures, having as its main icon Master Vitalino, so come to live this culture.
- Visit Alto do Moura and visit Mestre Vitalino’s house;
- In Outdoor market in CARUARU, one finds almost anything;
- Visit the Tancredo Neves Cultural Complex;
- Visit the fashion pole, good deals in fashion;
- Tasting couscous with goat meat;
- Visit the craft center in Bezerros and get to know a part of art and culture in Pernambuco;
- Stop at Rei da Coxinha, in Gravatá, it is a gourmet mandatory stop.
- Our tour will be contemplative, we ask you to wear light clothes and comfortable shoes, plus sunscreen and a hat;
- During the tour, we will stop for lunch (optional), consumption expenses not included in the tour;
- Because it is an Interstate route, please provide full name and ID number (Brazilian) and passport number (Foreigner), for travel authorization with ANTT (Brazilian Transportation authority);
- Days of Departure – Wednesdays at 07:00 AM;
- Hotels Departure: Recife / Boa Viagem, Pina and Piedade Hotels.